a golden quote to guide your days

Friday, December 6, 2013

One of my favorite art purchases so far this year has been this jar of Liquid Leaf that I bought from Wal-Mart. I've been painting it on absolutely everything, haha. Many of my newest warrior girl pieces have gold war paint or a crown or anything that gives me an excuse to make the paper shiny. I was going through my project board for my new house, and I found a pin that I'd pinned a long time ago: this print by oh my deer. I loved it, but I decided I wanted a quote that was more personal, and I knew my new found love would make it simple.



The quote I picked was from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. "I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.'' This is one of my favorite books. The love story between Elizabeth and Darcy is the best, and this quote sums it up quite well.

I made sure to line out my paper, using a straight edge to trace out a rectangle that was an inch away from the edge. Then I drew a line every inch down, giving myself guides for writing. Then I sloppily wrote the quote out. I figured if I decided to go for "messy chic" from the beginning, the mistakes wouldn't show up as well.


After I got the words spaced in a way I was satisfied with, I traced over them with the gold paint. I had to go over a few parts, make some parts thicker to hide what wasn't working well. When I was happy with everything, I erased the leftover pencil marks.



It might take a little practice, but I think that this project could be replicated. If you give it a try, I'd love to see your results!

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © Hello, Wild Things. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co