It's here, it's here!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I'm very excited to share a link with you. The day that I've been dreaming about for months is finally here. It's launch day for my new project!



The Dead is a new webcomic about family, love, freedom, and (of course) zombies. It takes place in a dystopian future where the undead are a problem. A big problem. Follow Gia and her sister as they battle through the rotting masses, participate in a growing rebellion, and attempt to figure out what the new "normal" is. Updated weekly.

"We survived the turning. We survived the war. What we didn't survive was him."


--------------------------

Now that that whole officially spiel is over, I'm going to be honest with you. I can't believe I'm doing this. I might crash and burn. Or forget... that's very likely. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself. In the end, I'm trying to use this as one big exercise. To get better at action poses, dynamic shots, writing stories, etc. That's why I've chosen a medium I'm comfortable with for the comics, why I'm doing a set of posters for a week to get the storyline all sorted, and why I've chosen a program I understand (tumblr) as my platform. All of these choices take a great deal of pressure off me, and I'm happy with them. Maybe one day all of that will change, due to an increase in readership or something, but for now I'm just leaving this as stress-free as possible. I want this to be a fun project! :]

And because I'm so excited about all of this, I've decided to do a giveaway!

For one week (April 13-19) I will be releasing parts of the back story and a correlating propaganda poster daily. I will be offering one reader of my blog a print of a poster of their choice. All you have to do to enter is comment on this post. Good luck!

PS... Like my new sidebar button?

PPS... Reading a zombie comic could be considered education for the zombie apocalypse  Can't think of a better was to stay alive!


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to actually keeping up on this. Also looking forward to that print lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © Hello, Wild Things. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co