the make list: papel picado banners

Friday, May 20, 2011

Soooo... This is one of those times where you make something, and want to post it right away, but never really get around to it until ridiculously later. Or maybe I'm the only one who does that... Anyways!



A few weeks ago was Cinco de Mayo (see what I mean about late?) so in honor of this holiday, I made my very own papel picado banner. I've seen these beautiful creations everywhere, but i never thought of making them.


 (from mexicansugarskull.com)


But when I found this tutorial on Style Me Pretty, I knew I had to try. And I'm so glad I did.



The banner is hung over my bed, and every time I look at it I smile. It's like I have a party in my room every day!  I couldn't think of any pretty designs (read: I wasn't brave enough to try anything REALLY intricate) so I went with my initials... unfortunately that means every time I look at it I feel a bit narcissistic, haha.


And yes, I have like 3 Star Wars posters in my room. More nerd cred?


I hope your day is a happy one.



No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © Hello, Wild Things. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co